Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Are you kidding me?

Yup, that is what one of my sweeties said to me on Monday.  We had just come in from lunch and 4 of my little darlings put on their backpacks (he must have been morning Kinder).  I told them that it wasn't time to go home yet.  One of them responded with, "are you kidding me"?  Sorry babe, if I have to stay - so do you.  It was the cutest thing.  I think I was asleep an hour before most of them were.  A very busy day.

I love my class, they are adorable.  We have been busy learning about the rules in First Grade.  On Monday, we read about a little boy named David that was going to school and learning about the rules.  Ask your child the difference between a Peacemaker and a Peacebreaker.
We made our own David and they each wrote about one class rule.  In the afternoon, we made Jitter Juice to get rid of any of their nervousness about first grade.  They loved it.

We wrote about how we got to school the first day and who brought us.

On Tuesday, we added a little bit more of our first grade routine, talked about the rules, again.  We read "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom", a favorite from Kinder.

They made their own coconut trees with their names climbing to the top.  I love this activity.

Wednesday was a review of the rules and more talking about what a Peacemaker looks like.  I was able to add more of the daily routine to our day. We read "Pete the Cat", they love it.  Well, actually they love the song - we sang it 4 times, adorable.  Have a great evening.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have a class blog running because mr.noah is NOT telling me anything he's been doing in the classroom, haha. he just told me that he LOVES his teacher and that he played with his friends! i know it'll add hours to your already crazy schedule, but i really appreciate what you're doing here! see you friday!!

    ReplyDelete